I spend many of my fall Saturdays standing outside in a field carousing with my fellow college football fans. I love these days, and it’s important to be prepared. First up, clothing and accessory choices. The season starts in the winding days of the summer heat, but I prefer the crisper fall days. Here’s some stuff to get you through.
2. A warm hat.
3. A hands free purse is a necessity, and make sure to keep it light: phone, camera, ticket, chapstick.
4. Warm boots are a must, and it’s hard to pick the right pair with so many options. I’m digging this functional and stylish pair from Sorel. Check out that fur! Love it!
5. These gloves keep your hands warm, but still let you text and and instgram!
6. Classic rain boots to match your alma mater’s colors. Add fleece socks for the rainy and cold days.
7. A fleece from Northface never goes out of style. Make sure to wear it over a wicking base layer, and add a shell to keep the wind at bay.
Stay tuned for more tailgate gear coming up later this week!
Last weekend, I made another trip to State College to cheer on my Nittany Lions, and it was the perfect fall day for college football and tailgating with friends. Perfect weather, good food and drinks, and a win. It was the best.
I guess its inevitable that the summer has to come to a end. It’s time to exchange sunshine, long days, and flip flops for cooler weather, jeans, and Uggs. And also college football. This labor day weekend saw me log lots of road trip miles from Philadelphia to my hometown of Pittsburgh, then from the Burgh to State College for Penn State’s first game of the season, back to Pittsburgh for more family time, shopping, and eating, then back to Philadelphia.
Penn State lost their first home opener in over 10 years. Despite the loss, I had a great time in State College. First stop was the Waffle Shop for a game day brunch, then off to Beaver Stadium. I’ll be spending a few more weekends this fall in Happy Valley cheering on my Nittany Lions, and here’s some shots of this year’s opening game.
More Labor Day weekend recapping to follow!