I started a new job shortly after the new year, and have found myself wanting to define my working style a little more. Lately my uniform has been black ankle pants and a solid colored top (and less Gap t-shirts!), and lots of classic and fun accessories, like the little collection below.
- I’ve been so in love with pairing brown and black lately, and these camel colored wedges from Vince Camuto are the perfect shade to wear with black pants.
- You can’t go wrong with a classic gold watch, and proceeds from this Michael Kors goes toward a good cause.
- More black and brown! This large tote is perfect for carrying all of my junk into the office each day.
- A long necklace has also become part of my wardrobe; loving this one from Kate Spade.
- I’ve also been wearing lots of simple studs lately, and a little sparkle is always needed
- I don’t usually paint my nails because I’m rough on my hands and I can’t go a day without chipping them, but I’ve been wanting to try a nude shade lately.
- And of course some black flats. I can give this pair from Cole Haan a personal recommendation; they are so comfy and have been my go to since I got them.
I went through a phase not too long ago where I wasn’t super selective in my wardrobe shopping. I bought whatever fit me and/or was cheap regardless if I really liked it. I lost my style. Thanks to some much appreciated guidance from one of my bffs (thanks Jenna!), I’m back on track to finding it, and making smarter clothing choices.
I have gotten rid of tons of bags of clothes over the past year, some items were too big, some too small, and some just blah. I had put off going through my jeans until this past weekend, and that started me me on a quick tour of the rest of my closet. Four hours later, I had amassed 10 (!!!!) bags of clothes to go to Goodwill.
I can’t believe how many bags of clothes I have gotten rid in the past year and half. When buying clothes (and anything else), I need to remember that if I don’t absolutely love it, then I’m not buying it. Because what happens is that I’ll wear it two or three times, I won’t feel special, and I’ll have another trip to Goodwill in my future.
As the weather turns warmer, I’m excited for some summer dresses and skirts. And I will only buy items that help me define my style, and that I love. I can’t wait to do some shopping! I do have lots of new found closet space after all!
I’m a huge Target shopper as evidenced my numerous posts on the subject, and I’m totally into the the new to me, Target Does It Again blog. Just all the best finds from my favorite discount merchandiser.
And I made my own Target discovery today. I popped in for a quick purchase, but something compelled to walk by the accessories department. Perhaps bright neons and polka dots glimpsed out of the corner of my eye? As I bee lined to my weaknesses, I was pleasantly surprised to see that all Merona bags were buy 1 get one half off, and there are lots of fun spring options. The sale is good through the 9th.
P.S. Should I read this book? Will it destroy my love affair with Target?
Random web browsing and goofing around on Pinterest led me to all these pretties that totally into right now.
1. Lots of new super cute dresses from Target, including maxis galore!
2. A polka dot belt from the Gap. Now I just need to find the perfect dress to wear with it.
3. Fancy hair ties! These were a find from my first Birchbox. I’ve been rocking the standard black elastic band for over a decade, and these are a nice change (and gentle on your hair). Another option from Twistband.
4. Kate Spade’s pop art scarf is awesome. Also, I’ve been loving lots of square scarfs lately, but I’m not sure how to wear them. I’ve tried the bib/bandit look, and I’m not crazy about the way it looks on me; could I make the classic french girl style work? I’ll give it a shot for this scarf.
5. I can’t enough of this navy and white polka dot bag from Fossil, and I love the aqua and brown accents.
6. More polka dots, this time from Madewell. I swear I’m not a 6 year old.
7. This simple gold and aqua necklace is perfection!
8. And some new gold pillows for my sofa, including polka dots of course.
One of my favorite gifts this holiday season was a Brichbox subscription. The Birchbox team handpicks beauty samples and sends them to your door each month.
The January package had lots of great goodies, and a New Years theme. I especially can’t wait to try the Frownies Eye Gel Treatment for under eye circles, because mine refuse to vacate my face and no concealer can conquer without making it look like I have layers of pancake makeup under my eyes.
Birchbox predicts that 2013 will be the best year ever, at least until 2014, and included some resolutions for the year. My favorites, and some that I could definitely benefit from partaking in, are listed below.
This is a great gift, and I’m so excited to see what future packages bring. Thanks to my BFF for such a thoughtful gift.